The Real Me

The real me
Is someone I don't let many see

Everyone thinks they know me so well
Because they don't know about the secrets I refuse to tell

They think my life is perfect all because of the stupid smile I force myself to wear
I guess they don't know about all those times I lived a total nightmare

I am not saying my life is that horrible
But let me tell you, neither is it very cheerful
Everyone seems to think my life is some walk in the park
I guess I could imagine my life like that but the park would be completely dark

No one seems to understand my family problems
Or why I really write these poems
But I can't expect anyone to understand
Because I don't even understand

My life is not as great nor simple as it appears
If it was I wouldn't be crying all these stupid, little tears
But what will you do to help me?
Yea, exactly,
Nothing

:PBUBBLES:P said...
May 5, 2009 at 12:31 am
OMG!!!! AMAZING!! You are definitely going to be a published author. I love your poems. They are so rhythmic and so full of emotion, not to mention so true. I like the ending! Keep writing, you'll get published! Can you check out my poems? Just click on my name.

G.H.o-st said...
It's me again :) yeah i also liked this poem, although i do have to comment that it needs a little bit of more..drama i suppose. Hm..what I'm trying to say is that this is a really great topic,because we all have the side that we wish to keep to ourselves. Although you are really good at writing down your emotions i think you should add more sensory details, have you ever heard of " show but dont tell?" try to substitute things..for ex. instead of saying red apple you could say substi... (more »)

Chaseeeeee444 said...
Absolutely Breathtaking I love it its sooooo deep i can feel the words playing in my head i can basically feel the poem love it ~ =) Chase keep up the good work!!!

IAmNotAlive said...
Hey, you asked me to read some of your poems in your comment on my poem "I Am Not Alive". Thanks for the feedback. I really liked this poem. It's saying no one really knows some one... Oh also I am going to check out your other poems and could you please check out my other one: TeenInk.com/raw/Poetry/article/61590/Pains-Existance/

annexgeyz said...
wow, i love your poem. its amazing and i can totally relate to it.

5ive Star Floet said...
Nov. 8, 2008 at 3:10 am
This poem is deep! I really like the way you expressed youself because im exactly the same way