These are My Hands | Teen Ink

These are My Hands

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

Blink our eyes
life's rearranged
no reasons why
things just change

So many people don't notice
or do they just not care?
this is our home, our people
this just isn't fair

People and homes
are left cold and broken
their belongings, their hearts
are left out in the open

When will you stop
take a look and realize
we can't just stand here
we have to change for what's right!
change the world to a better light!

I look down
these are my small hands
these are my strength, my way of helping
things I don't understand

They will build, not take down
they will lift up, not take down
they will hold, not push away
they will comfort, not walk away

these hands will change---things will change

Never let anyone tear you down. Sometimes you have to get up and just get out there and help. Do what you can to change the world.!

Lily1 SILVER said...
Lily1 SILVER, Carbondale, Illinois

“Like you, its true treasure etched within.”-One Night With The King

That is great. I am like you too in that sense. I want to go on missions. I have been to the Dominican Republic and Honduras and I am going to the Dominican again this year. I am so encouraged that there are other Christians on teenink. I would love to find more. I am really inspired by your poem. Please post more. If you would like, you could view my things and give me input. That would be great. Thanks for posting!!!!

Lily1 SILVER said...
Lily1 SILVER, Carbondale, Illinois

I love to go on mission trips too. I love Jesus and thank you for posting this. Very encouraging. Please take a look at mine and tell me what you think, thanks!

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

The biggest reason I want to go is to glorify God and let Him work through me to bring help to the people who need it the most. Another one of the reasons for going would be because I know even one work team can be a tremendous help, and it would touch my heart and leave me never the same, I'm sure. Knowing I put a smile on peoples' faces would make me, in turn, feel better too. I'm in junior high, and I've seen the presentations the high school group puts on after they get back from their Mexico trip every other year. It surprises me how every single person comes back touched and with a changed perception.

yeah, I'm blessed. I want to go to more places. How about you? why do you want to go>

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

~Michael Jordan

Wow, you've already been to a lot of places!!!!!! I'm sure you have a lot of amazing experiences!:)

thanks! I want to go on more missions too. I have been to Ecuador, Tanzania, and the bad parts of Louisiana and Florida. I love helping people; I think it's horrible that people can go through life watching people suffer.

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

~Michael Jordan

I LOVE!!!! im one of those people who is not ok with standing by. one of my big things is worldwide poverty and orphaned children. I'm 14, but I hope to go on lots of Mission Trips to Jamaica, Haiti, Mexico, and Africa when I'm older! Every pair of hands can make a difference, and with God's help, we can help! I'm putting this in my faves, its a good reminder.