On Poetry

Words written in a line rhyming every time,
Spoken from the heart, brought from the dark,
But it’s not enough for the sharks that hide in the water,
Absurd how they take apart every word
Butcher my work and take my rhymes to slaughter,
Let me see them live in a rhyme
Or climb the mountains I climb,
I put my spirit into every lyric,
Let them tremble and fear it,
Write my poems to show them,
Emotions-sad, happy, mad-I know them,
Words like seeds I sow to grow and see what they can be,
They mean everything to me,
Write me a line, scribble me some poetry,
Splatter those words onto that page,
Shatter these chains, open this cage and set me free.

lackadaisicalwolfThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 4:32 pm:
I think it's cool how you wrote about writing, I don't think many people do that. Good job :)

chronosunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 4:30 pm :
Be original. Be creative. This is writing. Thank you for your comment!

MeggieMillsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 4:25 pm:
Wow. I'm impressed! The Rhymes are great. The words are awesome! Poetry is only magic when its beautiful and let me say that this one was beautiful. KEEP WRITING!!!!

today at 4:29 pm :
Thank you!

Kait-DreamsOfGoldThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 3:45 pm:
I am just going to randomly say this... I am so happy this piece is better than Naruto's pieces; hers are too dense, do not have correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and the such, while yours have interesting, constructive words that build the piece up, a firm structure, such as rhyming and such, and a greatly built stanza, and I love the flow of your pieces. Although, I did see something that I did not really like, so I took off a star. Don't worry, I still ... (more »)

yesterday at 3:49 pm :
I am so glad you randomly said this because I enjoyed your comment very much, Kait. I definitely will watch my commas next time as it does seem excessive here. I can work with 4 out of 5 stars. I am now more than motivated to improve. Thank you for being honest. 

MerlinGirl said...
Jul. 25 at 3:41 pm:
GREAT JOB CHRONO ;P

Jul. 25 at 10:03 pm :
Thank you, Merlin. 

hopeofyale said...
Jul. 16 at 7:14 pm:
So touching !! 

yesterday at 3:35 pm :
Thank you very much for your comment!