Points and Lines

I have planned my day ahead
so nothing goes below.
Chaos isn’t an option
So with the list we flow.

I’m driving down the road named Faith
when behind a light I’m caught.
Now I’m without beats or cheats
and I see all the ways I’ve bought.

The arms come down upon me
and hold me down in place,
while a voice screams from down the track
and shouts at me with grace.

It is a warning, to late bestowed
for I cannot change my course.
I slam my foot down on the gas,
yet here comes the iron horse.

Suddenly, I’m moving on,
the arms don’t pressure, but carry.
they transport me to refuge
where I’ve been made unwary.

I no longer live by points and lines;
my life cannot be planned,
for my book is written with a pen
held by a different hand.

cowgirl4everThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I agree, it has a good flow. Also, I like how you said "I'm driving down the road, named Faith," and "for my book is written with a pen, held by a different hand."

SincerelyManon said...
The flow of this poem is perfect and it's meaning is strong and true.

bree_breeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I think that this is my favorite of your work. I love the last stanza and i love the fact that this is a religous peice, i can never really find that and even i dont really write them. It is comendable that you do and i admire you for it. Keep writing!

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the last stanza in the poem and I also love the religious background in it. Nice job! XD

OlveraJorge1 said...
I sense some kind of hidden emotion you were feeling while writing this? Either way this is a DEEP piece.

Court901 replied...
My friend was this woman in the poem. After she almost got hit, (I was behind her when this happened) I was inspired to write a poem about how God saved her. 

Chichot123 said...
This poem is as deep and amazing as the rest of your stuff. You poetry is really top-notch, write on :D. 

Court901 replied...
Thank you so much!

Court901 said...
It's about a person who tries to control everything that happens to them, but when they get caught on the tracks, they realize God is the one writing their story. She has been made "unwary" to show that she is no longer going to live with such caution that she doesn't have any fun (I don't mean she is going to be a daredevil, or be stupid about her decisions. She is now going to trust God with her life.

CamillaJ said...
This is really good. What is the meaning behind it?