My Respite

When some sorrow nestles in my heart,
Or a sudden joy makes me start;
The one place I think of, my one respite,
The place where I feel like I’m in flight,
The one place where utter peace resides,
The one place where turbulence hides;
There my heart experiences calm.
And to my mind ‘tis like a balm.
Though every art of God’s: A Masterpiece!
When here my eyes fall, all aches cease.
Now tho’ what remains is but a stump,
Of the three which grew out of that rocky bump;
My respite, it still is and almost every day I,
Sit on that rock and look at the sky…

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:37 am:
Oh God!! Look at that AWFUL typo of mine!..... Well it's "tree" and not "three"....third to last line :(((

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
How sad they cut down your respite. I wish I had a place like that, besides my room. It's so great to read something new from you, Saphira; it's been so long. I feel like the last time we spoke was ages ago. Haha. Hope your exams went well. A+? If not you get an A++ from me for this poem.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:44 am :
Yes, it was sad...And then we had to move which was sadder ..  :(( And you know it's always great to read your comments on my stuff! Don't ever stop coming here! And well no exams start from 7th May and will end 10th June..pretty crappy datesheet...last paper has 13 hols before it ....Right now I'm preparing just felt like escaping into this world for a while so quickly put up some stuff..... And Thank YOu ever so much! You're the best! Love, Saphira!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:27 pm :
I promise to never stop reading your work. You know I appreciate it also when you share your feedback for mine; I love doing it also with yours. And good luck—no wait—GOOD LUCK!!!! And poetry is the best escape or in this case respite from the craziness of this busy world. You too are the best!

Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:55 pm :
Thank YOu Thank You Thank You! Haha... I don't know what I'd do if ya didn't read it.. You always make my day Mckay! LOl did you see what happened there...And Gosh I just had the brilliantest idea for a poem... You wait.. You're so gonna love this... And Thank YOu for that Good Luck too...Everyone need luck...all they can get :D   Yes, It sure is the best respite. I hope we don't tell eachother "you're the bester" and this goes on forever...would be kin... (more »)

Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:55 pm :

May 1, 2013 at 2:08 pm :
I'm so happy too! ^u^ Can barely contain myself. (You're the best too).