The Truth | Teen Ink

The Truth

August 25, 2008
By Anonymous

I realized the truth today,
I realized that
i wasn't living in reality
I was living on the other side of reality
On the other side of the wall.
In order to reach reality,
I need to destroy the wall.
The wall that separates me from reality.
I have already begun deconstruction.

The author's comments:
This poem, was inspired by my dear friend Theo, who has helped me through so many hard times. But has also caused so many. But on this day, she notified me of a friend that was annoyed of my behavior. This helped me realize the truth. The truth that, i wasn't living in reality. I was living in my own little world, where all revolved around me. I reralized that i was so close to realty but there was a huge obstacle in the way. A wall. A wall that was blocking me from entering reality. In order to actually enter, i had to destroy it. So i did. And ever since then, i have been able to see through clear eyes. And realize that my problems, are REAL problems, but mere minor ones. The biggest problems that i will ever know, lie with my friends, my family, even strangers. And i realized all of this because of one line that hurt so much in the begining, but later on, helped me realize the truth: "I mean that everything _______ does, you feel like you HAVE to do."