Solacing Somber Emotions | Teen Ink

Solacing Somber Emotions

There I stand. All alone in the dark. Over time my heart becomes dilapidatedfrom the free flowing emotions that thrash away at it. I curl up in the corner. The dark shadows in my presence barricade me and wont let me free. once again I am stuck in my thoughts. There i sit salivating over my thoughts of you. Your beauty is a wonderful virtue. Forgetting all of my idiosyncrasies corrupting my memmories. I drift off in my thoughts. There i see you. You solace my agony and those free flowing emotions. I live in my fantasies. Your voice returns me to life. We are in love. This just cant be true cause we are too young. You understand me. You get me. You morph my somber life into enjoyment and happiness. Yet life is somber. All those judgemental people out there. Ridiculing me. Making life harder then it already is. If the world doesnt change then they will all get their ramifications. This world is going to hell. All the wars and conflicts going on today. All the peace on Earth decayed and has been dilapidated. Those are the reasons why I live my life as a fantasy. To escape reality. You are my fantasy. You solace all the somber and horrible things on Earth. With all those twisted thoughts i saw. You were right there in between telling me what the right thing was to do. I cherish every moment I spend with you. Your worth all the time in the world. Life is what you put into it. Your all that I need to put into it. I slowly drift back to reality. The barricading shadows let me free and fade away. I start to enjoy life while it lasts.

Hello readers. I'm not your average type of kid, and I dont write the average optimistic type of poems you would read if you do. My poems havae a dark and pessimistic side to them. They are very depressing also. Most of them is about my friends, somebody I love, or how tough and somber my life could be. I just let it all out on paper. This poem i wrote is about a girl in my school that I am deeply in love with. She is also in love with me. Its about how she makes me feel like I have a purpose and a meaning on this Earth. She makes me feel happy and drowns my misery. This is also how things these days have changed. We are known as outcasts. We dont really fit in. We have friends and all, but we dont fit in with the in crowd. I am basically expressing how screwed up today is. People judge and set little stereotypes for eachother. My friend and I are like the weird punk rock kids that just blend in, so I am just explaining how life is being ridiculed everyday. Also to explain to other kids like me to ignore them and to move on with their lives. The people that ridicule me have no meaning to me in my life. I just shrug it off and I know that they will soon get their ramifications one day. My friend inspired me to write this poem. She is also very poetic. I just find her beautiful, outstanding as a person, and talented. For all you future readers I hope you enjoy!

This is really good, very deep. Your right on the dot with everything, even the reality parts, keep writing!

Robert :O I love it!!! :] Thank you..

emogirl444 said...
on Sep. 19 2008 at 1:14 am
wow that was really deep and i loved it. You shold write more cause that was amazing.