Just to show | Teen Ink

Just to show

By jenna hoaglan GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana
jenna hoaglan GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana

Show you.
To show you what I’ve learned you must first understand all the things I’ve heard.
1. The birds singing in the morning it feels so graceful until you realize that they’re singing about you.
They chirp and peek into your window, they’ve seen how you behave, they know everything about you and they most definitely know your name.
They give no mercy, they wait for you to fall so they can peck at your body and carry your hopes away, but that’s not all.
If you only see the good, then you won’t see them they aren’t creatures of god they are creatures that only know what they should.
Don’t give them any time, they’ll plan your funeral, a celebration of your death and you won’t believe what they don’t care about, oh just listen to the rest.
Spare time is your enemy’s best friend, while you’re in a stage of mortification; they learn everything about you, now they know your dis-placements.
2. Happiness is an enemy to those who are without it, and I can honestly say I am over-whelmed and crowded.
Crowds of what, is that your question, crowds of melancholy symptoms of depression.
A definition is needed, to explain, how to be happy, or better yet how to find a way to regain.
Regain composure, regain faith, regain everything that makes me feel like I’m not sober,
And when it ends, yes when it’s over, I might find deep inside, the sound of happiness that I regain from all the tears I’ve cried.
3. Does love make a sound; Is it sweet, can I hear it?
Never mind, It hurts just to let the word slip out of my lips, and I don’t want to let this pain cry to my spirit.
Deinfe:Spirit- Seat of emotions, where character sits, it carries your soul and all of your devotions until life slips and let’s go of it.
4. Have you ever heard how hard I try, It has a sound, a remorseful sound , no more like a cry.
A cry for anything to take me away, to a place that I can love, and Honestly say
That it is beautiful, yes more beautiful that a soul, If I look at trying in the eyes,
It hurts so bad that it almost feels wise.
5. Have you had enough yet, are you ready for more?
The sound of 5, is the sound of a limit,
And how quickly I have submerged myself in it.
How fast I realize that If I take any more on my plate, I will surly die, as I’ve been warned, no I will not just sit here and wait,
For death to reach me, I will crawl out of the lake, of my own submersions, as long as it isn’t too late.
6. The sound of hate is so similar to love, and hate tells me that the vultures laugh at me while they’re above
Above me in the vault, the vault that holds of heaven, and if this doesn’t express my emotion then lie and say that 6 is not before 7.

This is my first attempt at slam poetry.
I feel i need more work on descriptors.