Time Forgets | Teen Ink

Time Forgets

By AllThatJazz BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
AllThatJazz BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Lindi: Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
June: Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars

~
Such a beautiful era and sweet were the years, when two souls were combined
Throwing windows open to seize the day, feeling so reborn, and one of a kind.

Like an opening note of music, petals turning on the breeze
The world was renewed, grime washed away, and smiles came with ease.

Recollections of those shared times before, flow through the mind with clarity and light
The visions of this sacred past are enough to keep one awake at night.

For steady rain makes ripples on the surface of a pond, which might have once been still as glass
And life is often reduced to a wavering sigh, despite efforts to make the contentment last.

Shuffling footsteps constantly echo behind me, and when I glance back, there’s nobody there
I can’t return to the life I wish I still had, can’t find it within myself to care.

There exists a time and place for all the regrets, another evening to gaze at the sky
No others to confide in, no missing moments, or resolutions to be made before I die.

Now lonely mountains loom darkly over all, casting a shadow around mid-day
In the distance, they are veiled in mist, rising into a sky which is neutrally gray.

To remember is to suffer, and to forget I truly strive
Those broken pledges haunt me greatly, for tomorrow won’t arrive.

The streetlights glow with an amber flame- and my psyche, my soul, is hollow
My footsteps echo along the road, but I know my heart won’t follow.

Like a shoot pushing out of the winter-tough earth, it will be hard to start anew
For your name is emblazoned upon my heart, and within my memory there’s only you.
~

Lindi here. I hope this poem will be a source of comfort to those who are looking for it. I like imagery, so expect a lot of that from me in the future...