There was a time | Teen Ink

There was a time

June 29, 2012
By FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other
FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other
49 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Happiness can be found even in the most darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the lights


There was a time, when I thought I could call you mine. 
There was a time, when I thought that you would stay at my side. 
There was a time when you said you loved me. 
There was a time when everything felt so strait forward and free. 

But over the years you proved me wrong. 
You've done so much to hurt me and still I stay strong. 
You showed a side of you that I never knew. 
You've told lies, said things that were untrue. 

There was a time when I used to think you were simply grand. 
There was a time I would look to you, when I needed a helping hand. 
There was a time when I would enjoy your presence. 
There was a time when, even if things seemed senseless - I would look to you for guidance. 

When I was little, I didn't think you would ever leave. 
When I was little, you always seemed so prepared and maybe even had a trick or two up you're sleeve. Now I'm confused, I don't know what to think or what to do. I'm in disbelief, because like I said before-I thought that you would never leave. 

I miss you so dearly. I miss the times we had - some of them good, some of them bad. Thinking of you now just makes me sad. There was time, when everything was okay. There was I time, when I was able to say - what was on my mind, even on the most gruesome of days. 
Because of you, I find it difficult to trust and start a new. You've made things so uncertain, so bleak and so discreet.

 I can't some up everything i feel in just one simple word, just know that I can't change our D.N.A - for I will always be your little girl.