Jumbled thoughts | Teen Ink

Jumbled thoughts

By matches123 SILVER, Sterling Hts, Michigan
matches123 SILVER, Sterling Hts, Michigan

"Don't take life so seriously, you'll never get out alive." -Vanwilder
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken." -Oscar Wilde

Minds to dust, breathlessly pale, bitter agony, sweet ordered chaos, vague awareness, dead to the world, unable to wake yet unable to sleep, hopelessly happy, wanting to be in the limelight, yet to shy to take center stage. Teach me how how to live and I'll teach you how to fly.

Ash24 SILVER said...
on Sep. 8 2014 at 9:57 am
Ash24 SILVER, Sydney, Other

A diamond is yet not a diamond, till it is pruned to make it shine!

These words are somehow true when related to what usually human mind interprets the surroundings and how a person's confidence interferes with the dreams. And i loved it. But it could have been even better if you had gone deeper into your thoughts understanding the complexity of life.

on Sep. 7 2014 at 12:10 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is absolutely amazing. It's full of emotion and you, also. I love the last line, "Teach me how to live and I'll teach you how to fly." That last line is inspiring and encouraging to me. I love it. I could connect to it, and I was there, if that makes sense. Your poem is vivid and powerful and all in all, full of amazingness. Thank you for sharing this. ^_^