Excuse Me.....

Excuse me
I’ve got something to say
And when I’m done
I Promise you
You’ll be happy that you stayed

This is just a little something
I wrote only for you
And we’ve been friends for so long now
It’s time that I tell you this

Before I’ll even tell you this
It’ll be over, said and done
So why don’t we seize the moment; freeze it and own it.
Why don’t we begin?

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 18 at 5:19 pm
Amazing 1St poem! CX

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 24 at 10:35 am
That's a really good start for a first poem. I can tell you're an advanced writer. I like your diction a lot; it made the character of the poem. Nice job. That's impressive for a first try!

AlaskanGirl15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 21, 2012 at 1:50 am
I love it! It is an amazing 1st poem! Good job :D

curlygurlray said...
great job twin!(:  

NitashaS said...
Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:41 am
For a first poem it's got a lot going for it! It may be short which disappoints me a bit because you had many opening for expansion, a few more stanzas, etc. But I like the idea of having to tell someone something, a sort of long-overdue confession. And the last stanza about freezing time and beginning made the poem stand out in my eyes because it made you wonder, what was it you wanted to say and why savor the moment? Sounded a little lovey-dovey to me but that's just my guess ;) Keep w... (more »)

TheGirlWhoAteTheWorld said...
Awesome job for your first poem! I hope you post more! :)

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:35 am
i read the poem two times over, and got a little dissapointed there was nothing you said at all :P but the poem's good, and simple enough, nice effort for the first, though the last line, "why dont we begin?" felt a bit vague. but keep writing!

Silver2blackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:14 am
Excellent, For a very first poem!

StayClassy1 said...
Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:21 am
I love this.... <3

Hannabug said...
This is a good poem!! U should write more :)

sbets said...

Great job! Good picture choice, too.

Check out my work!

. replied...
^That's me. Mind checking out my work?:)  

JonesychicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is really great! keep writing!

Triumph said...
Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:08 am
Beautiful job, never stop writing!

albinotiger said...
Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:49 am
Keep on writing you r doing great! (maybe check out my work sometime)

lipglosserThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:29 am
Good poem! Keep writing, I bet you could make a career out of it :)

WonderWoman98 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:51 am

This is great for your fist poem!

aislingob said...
Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:40 am
This is great for your first poem, short but sweet. I think you could do really well if you kept writing more, I mean this poem already is very good! 

hippiechick99 said...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:51 am
I think it's a really good poem, especially since it was your first one. I'd be glad to read more of your poems if they're ever written lol. Keep writing :))))))

Ballerina101 said...
Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:04 am
Nice poem, I like it!