Dear Pain | Teen Ink

Dear Pain

April 3, 2012
By babyshark SILVER, Wellington, Colorado
babyshark SILVER, Wellington, Colorado
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Pain,

Do you know what it’s like to hurt? Do you know how it feels with every waking moment to feel sorrow, to be crippled with anger, to barely be able to move because every bone in your body is broken? Pain; why do you cause so much anguish and sadness in the world?


Dear Pain,

Do you believe in strength, strength that is strong enough to beat you? Strength with so much force it could beat you down forever? Well you better because I’m tired of you pushing me around and stomping on me. I’m ready for you to feel what it’s like to hurt, and to feel the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Dear Pain,

Why do you hurt so many people? Is it because you were left alone? Is it because you have never felt love or happiness? Do you have any friends? Did your parents leave you when you were in a time of need? You know there are people you can talk to, there are people that can help you sort out whatever is bothering you. I forgive you for all the hurt you have caused me, because I know what it feels like, to be left alone and be sad. So Pain; I forgive you.