Letter To | Teen Ink

Letter To

By BraxtonLangstonChapman SILVER, Lexington, North Carolina
BraxtonLangstonChapman SILVER, Lexington, North Carolina

Dedication, Hard Work

Braxton always telling stories...

Dear Mr. Bill Collector,
I know I'm behind on a few bills. You have to understand that my husband was killed. Plus I have a daughter in college, so can you please stop calling. Because I have a baby to take of that's crying and my mothers dying.
Dear Mr. Judge,
I was doing what I do because I have a family to feed. I don't have a diploma so know one will hire me. I'm a good person can't you see, you know what don't give me the sentence I'll take the plea.
Dear Mrs. Teacher,
I've been pulling up my grades, look at the improvements I've made. I swear if I see another D I'll change it to a C I ain't afraid. I'm not trying to brave, I'm just sick of these grades!
Dear Mr. Police Man,
Can you stop following me and leave me alone. I'm just trying to walk home? He's probably wondering what's in my bag pack? MMMM, or maybe it's just cause I'm black in a white world.

Something different and Original.

on Aug. 30 2012 at 5:47 am
youngspeare BRONZE, Nairobi, Other

We wouldn't ask a rose that grew from the concrete for having damaged petals; in turn we'd all celebrate its tenacity, we'd all love tz will to reach the sun well we are the roses n these are my damaged petals don't ask me why thank God and ask me how

One word: UNIQUE! And unique i always good. 
Nice poem I like the story-like tone of it  :) 
please check out my poem Ghosts of the Past. Would really appreciate it. Do leave a comment, i would like to have your insight.