The Night Blooming Lily | Teen Ink

The Night Blooming Lily

February 26, 2012
By dreamwriter13 SILVER, Springfield, Virginia
dreamwriter13 SILVER, Springfield, Virginia
9 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Words paint the pictures, but actions write the stories"


Oh my dear, you are one to behold,
When your eyes opened wide in a world unknown.
For the actions of the heart speak louder than a crowd,
The beauty of the soul preserved within the turmoil swirling loud.

The whisper of love beating within that precious heart,
Will beat a melody with love and hope in the midst of the dark.
You blossomed in the moonlight, your colors lighting up the night,
You flourish in the world around you, taking breaths at first sight.

You are young and full of life, reality has not yet scathed the face with tears,
But one thing to remember in the depths of your heart is to stand face to face with fear.
The world may be vast but one voice can be heard above the din,
We exist in a world of the imperfected though your heart is not a sin.

We stumble along this path, some move forward, some turn back,
Trying to see the way I see, searching for the answers we lack.
Each ending a new beginning, we must pick up the pieces and make amends,
Hatred be thy own demise, self doubt and blind decision it transcends.

Just take a look in the broken mirror and tell me what you feel inside,
Do not discount each piece of you; there is power in self pride.
You are the Lily in the pond that blooms when those who wait to see,
The beauty that was hidden and the fragrant love you have beneath.


The author's comments:
This piece I thought of writing for myself,because I always feel as if no one thinks the same way as I do. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who feels the way I feel or thinks the way I think. So I thought that I would write this to relate to anyone else who felt like I did because I believe that there is so much to uncover about a person that to those who wait come great things. The greatest thing you may ever experience in your life might be someone you must wait around for, someone that hasn't quite bloomed. I also chose the night blooming lily because most flowers bloom in the day, but this flower blooms in the night, and for those who wait to see it's beauty they witness something magnificent and enchanting beyond belief.