SOFTBALL IS MY LIFE | Teen Ink

SOFTBALL IS MY LIFE

January 5, 2012
By Kylee Mohrfeld BRONZE, Wilton, Iowa
Kylee Mohrfeld BRONZE, Wilton, Iowa
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Softball is a passion that surges through my body like the blood flowing in my veins.
It’s the countless hours I sweat in the intense summer heat turning weakness into my strength.
The days and hours I replay the plays in my head analyzing my every move.
The adrenaline rush as I step onto the perfectly groomed field before a game.
The happiness I hold within me when I notice the immense crowds of people cheering.
It’s when I make that outstanding catch or that phenomenal diving play.
It’s the crack of my bat after I make solid contact with the ball.
It’s the air brushing past my body as I zip around each base.
The sense of pride that overcomes me as I score the winning run.
Softball is that feeling of hard work when I glance down at my uniform and it’s layered in rich red colored dirt and white powdery chalk.
The drive and competitive attitude I carry throughout the entire season.
The tears that run down my face following the last game.
That’s when I realize I live to endure the muscle aching workouts and the year round preparations.
Because, when season comes around softball is my life!