"Hide and Seek" | Teen Ink

"Hide and Seek"

December 22, 2011
By HappyEverAfter SILVER, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
HappyEverAfter SILVER, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slammimg a revolving door." -unknown


"Ready or not! here I come!" are the scariest words that you can possibly hear if you are not yet in you hiding spot. Your cousin's loud voice erupts with giggles while she sprints up the stairs to come find everyone.

You look around in desperate hopes of a good place to hide, when you see it. That dark closet overflowing with pillows and cleaning supplies. Jackpot.

Inside the closet you realize what a gold mine you have discovered. There's no way that anyone will be finding you anytime soon, so that crumbling cookie inside your pocket is perfect with its sweet, slightly melted chocolate chips.

Those cleaning supplies have a strong scent, the mixture of citrus and soap is not too pleasant. You plug your nose to block off the smelly odor.

The soft pillows and blankets brush up against you while you shift from underneath them. Just as you are settling in again, you feel your stomach tighten as you almost jump out of your skin.

"Found you!"

The author's comments:
I loved playing hide and seek when I was younger. Actually, to be quite honest, i still love it. In this poem I tried to capture the senses of the game. I hope you enjoy!