Prostitute

The whole world shook
But yet I stayed by your side
But you were so stubborn
That you turned to the world

Before you turned to me
So I shook the world
To get rid of all the
People who were untrue

To you
It's ironic, actually
Because when I did that
You were stuck with me

So you ran
You couldn't believe
That someone like me
Could love someone

Like you
It's true that you defiled
Yourself
But even a girl defiled

Is a girl loved
So be loved
By me

Angel_Writer said...
I like it. You are learning to create the flow in your words, as I am myself. Keep writing, and you will become better.

Znathan said...
This is amazing. I would suggest you change the last 3 lines a bit, they don't taste as well as the rest of the poem. But even if you keep it this way, it's a great poem. Congrats.

BrokenBree said...
Really nice! Good meaning behind it as well. I don't know many stories from the bible, but this is one I knew so I was quite delighted with your poem! Great job!

enc@geLoves replied...
Thanks a lot!!!!

readlovewrite said...
This is amazing.  I read it twice through and I thought I understood it at first....But it is like reading Shakespeare - you read it once and it means one thing, and then you read it once more and it is like the poem has a whole new meaning.  This is really strong, and I really like how you broke up your lines and stanzas (especially the first three or four).  Keep writing, this is really good!

enc@geLoves replied...
Awww! Thanks.

lilmartz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. I can't believe I'm saying this but this has to be the best poem on this website I have ever read. For once, I can honestly say there is nothing that needs to be changed. The only part that maybe could use a little bit of work are the last 2 lines. They seem a little weak and generic, but maybe in time something better might come to you. I have no suggestions for it. I love the transitions between stanzas, and I love the metaphor! Really, really great job! This should be published in the ma... (more »)

enc@geLoves replied...
Thanks that really means a lot.

jkilmer replied...
I liked it. I don't know many stories from the bible, that one included, but I know of it and your poem was nicely written.