Death Of An Icon

Eternal summer in your skin
Stretched farther then my eyes could bare to witness
And on these cold winter days we remember how you laughed with your smile arched so perfectly, crinkling in pretty corner around lips in which desperate breath now try to escape as your heart attempts to keep up with your lungs as the chase comes to a halt
And how could we forget how you spoke naught with words but with sparkling eyes plagued with wit beyond years, beyond anything we'd ever imagine for your thought process was outside of the box in which others resided
Captured perfectly now in still form
Only a picture could bring back the memories that I thought had long ago abandoned me
And with my outstretched fingers I reach for what used to be, but all i grasp is all that remains
All that remains is all that we possess
Your heart

QuietChaos said...
I love the way you just get it. 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Each person that dies is an icon for someone. The pain with which you write feels sincere. I love the honesty in it. All we have left of someone beloved that passes away are the memories. And those are what last forever in the midst of pain.