Miracles

I stand there. Waiting, watching for the sign to come. The sign to tell me that magic still exists. Not like Harry Potter magic, but miracles magic. Anything is possible.

I walk. The cold embracing me with its cold, clammy hands. I clutch my book like it is the last thing on earth. The wind blows hard. I keep walking. Snowflakes whirl around me, but not real ones. Paper ones.

Swirling up, up into the sky. They stay there, spinning with the clouds, floating above traffic. They belong here. The magical miracle sign. But not just miracles, winter miracles.

The miracles that makes it snow big, fat, fluffy flakes. The miracles that makes the indoors a warm, cozy haven of light with mugs of hot chocolate in your hand. Instead of the cold, white blizzards outside. The sign had come. Miracles existed.

Anything is possible.

naomi313 said...
i agree with yall on that one, this girl has talent-sadie,so amazing, and so true, keep it up!

Half Moon Bay said...
Sept. 5, 2008 at 12:14 am
Sadie knows something beyond her years - counting our blessings snowflake by snowflake will keep us present to the wonder of 'all that is'. How very stunning this poem is, thank you, Sadie!

Sarah Eye said...
Wonderful. I can feel and see the snow -- and the hope and joy.

Stardust said...
Sept. 4, 2008 at 3:59 am
This poem has wonderful feeling to it and one can imagine all the words. It is very elegant

Jacqueline W. said...
This poem is awesome. Elegant, alive, thoughtful. Wow! That's all I can say. Wow!

VML said...
Sept. 3, 2008 at 3:26 am
Um, this is amazing! How old is Sadie??? She has a bright future ahead...