Walls | Teen Ink

Walls

By Jenners BRONZE, Boone, North Carolina
Jenners BRONZE, Boone, North Carolina

"I could tell you my adventures..but it's no use going back to yesterday, I was a different person then."

The walls close in on my body, mind, and soul. But I push it right back to its original placement. I'm not going to let the stereotypical hate and disgust enclose me in these walls. No. I'm going to keep pushing back. I'm not a geek, I'm not a goth, I'm not an emo, and I definitely am not broken. You may think I'm unhappy but I am not. I'm just stressed and my stress has materialized into the four slowly moving walls around me. I complain because I tend to voice my stress to loosen its hold on me. With that my walls slightly stumble back. Success is hard to reach but I still strive for it. Strive to survive this cerebral prison. I love my life (to a degree that is) I love its twists and turns and the tortuous thoughts people have about it. Suddenly am idea pops in my head and with a swipe of my hand a slash of purple spreads upon the north wall. Just a solitary streak. Towards the east wall a whispered touch and out comes a neon pink faintly sparkling. The south a deep orange that swirls and swirls. The west is a blue that trickles like water. Maybe if I stop these beautiful walls you can see how I'm just me