Tomorrow | Teen Ink

Tomorrow

March 17, 2011
By creamsicle BRONZE, Brandamore, Pennsylvania
creamsicle BRONZE, Brandamore, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"My heart longs for you but do you see me? No. And never in a million years will you miss me."


Tomorrow is beautiful. A new day, a fresh start and an opening of future's. But some of us never get to make it to tomorrow. We may have plans of what we're going to do the next day, what we're going to accomplish. As sad as it is, many of us never get to see the next day or the wonder's it brings. We may be brutally murdered or die peacefully in our sleep. Eithere way we never made it to tomorrow.
That's why we have to live life to it's fullest while we are still awake, because, when we close our eyes, there is no guarantee we will ever open them again. Never take anything on this Earth for granite because it can be snatched from your grasp, like taking candy from a baby. it leaves you upset and disappointed.
So when we go to bed tonight be sure to say your prayers. Give thanks for every living soul that has walked into your life and touched your earth because you never know if you'll see their smiling face again. Just like they don't know if they'll ever see yours again.
But even though we may not see tomorrow, the thought of it should not scare us. We must live each day like it may be our last. And it very well may be. You may be gone tomorrow or it could be me. The Lord above only knows. And when we lay our heads down tonight we all should say, "Give me tomorrow and I'll give you all I've got today."


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem as it came to mind. I had been going through a rough patch and I came to realize what would happen if I wasn't here tomorrow? I neverr really thought much about all the important people in my life until I caught up with reality and the fact I could die tonight. So I hope my readers understand that the things you get in life are not important. It's the people that are dropped onto our backs that are, and we would do well to tell them how much we love them before it's to late. Because we never know if we'll live to see tomorrow, so we have to give life all we've got today.