Love is... | Teen Ink

Love is...

By .BeautifulDisaster. SILVER, Whittier, California
.BeautifulDisaster. SILVER, Whittier, California

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Love is such a crazy thing. It's the only thing in the world that can make a person feel completely invincible at one moment, and then the next, it completely demolishes that person. Love is scary. It's full of hate at times. It's unpredictable; uncontrollable; unexplainable. Love is vicious, to say the least.
Sometimes I wonder why anybody would even want to waste their time falling in love if it's only going to leave them hopeless and broken in the end. I used to ask myself if love was even worth it. And today, i finally answered my question. People fall in love because it's the closest thing to magic. The sadness at the end is worth those two seconds of pure bliss. Those two seconds of feeling beautiful. Two seconds of feeling invincible. What keeps us trying when we fall is the idea of one day making it last forever. Because love can be beautiful. Love is the only thing in the world that can make all the other problems fade away. And I think that's what everyone really wants.