It's true | Teen Ink

It's true

By hollygolightly109 SILVER, Seattle, Washington
hollygolightly109 SILVER, Seattle, Washington

It's true;

Looking up at the stars in their places and the hot belt of matter that ran the chord of the dark vault overhead

To be shown matter, to come in contact with it- real land, real sky and yet a dream withal.

To argue with the part of me that was sure last night was a dream.

Who are we? Where are we?

Don't you feed me lies about some idealistic future. That's what we're all trying to do-

Just get out and do it. Just get out and do it.

No they wanna hold your hand

The wind began to blow again. Spirit is soaring.

Great triumphant joy of living, the realization that Happiness is only real when shared and that the founding principle of existence is what we call love

In that coldly burning canopy of black he slowly turned dead center to the world all of it taut and trembling.

And she sang a song without any questions, gathered stars, rolled in them, danced with them, and shouted up to the sky,

"Here's what I like to do. Make things up."

All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy, Life of Pi by Yann Martel, Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer, Nora's Stars by Satomi Ichikawa, The Lion and the Little Red Bird by Elisa Kleven, Eliose by Kay Thompson, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, Nothing Better by the Postal Service

This is a "found poem" comprised of quotes that echoed within me from all these artists and their works.