I Am: A Poem About Me | Teen Ink

I Am: A Poem About Me

By Bevin Donovan BRONZE, Charlestown, Massachusetts
Bevin Donovan BRONZE, Charlestown, Massachusetts

I am Bevin.
I am an ipod on shuffle. Press play and just like every new song, every new day will be random. From my music to my clothes to my mood, I am a mystery; you'll never know what is coming next. I could be your favorite song or the one that drives you crazy, but just like shuffle I am unpredictable.

I am a hockey player. Every time I step out on the ice an incredible energy flows through my body. Between all the games and practices for the past eleven years, playing has not only become a major part of my life, but also a major necessity . Sometimes I feel on the ice is the one place I know exactly what I'm doing.

I am a daughter. In your lifetime you start to see the more important things in life; such as family. They're always there for you no matter what you're going through, and help piece you back together when the world has torn you apart. Your parents love you for who you are no matter what you do or your poor decisions in life, and a love like that makes you wonder who wouldn't want to be a daughter.

I am a crayon box, colorful and bright. You can ware me down yet still sharpen me back up when needed. In a world of darkness I try my best to light it up. Making things more interesting and fun is my forte.

I am a person. A person not to be taken for granted. A person with pride and dignity, expecting to be respected. A person who judges people on who they are, not by what they have. A person who wants to expand her mind and learn new things. And most importantly a person who tries her hardest to be the best she can be.
I am me.

This piece is my expression of who I am.

Kaydee said...
on Jul. 7 2010 at 11:14 pm
Excellent job. Very creative!