Secrets Kill the Best of Me | Teen Ink

Secrets Kill the Best of Me

No one knew except for me, I'll live this life to set me free, And by the end I just might pray, I never knew upon this day, All the lies and all the faults, All the cries and the assaults, But until that day I'll hold my lips, Because secrets very well exist

But as the day may brighten wide, Never will I soon confide, In myself I scarce believe, Who ever knew would soon leave, Everything true and right, Everything I could recite, I would never dare, For fear of your deepest scare,

Never leave me alone, Secrets slip me out on my own, All throughout the night, I lay shaking in a fright, You’ll leave me solitary, Never contrary, It’s not like this hasn’t happened before, There’s the Door

Hiding behind what’s not gone, No one will ever find me in dawn, I’m hidden in the night, Lips shut tight, Scurry away and fear the day, Know what I’ve kept and what I’ll say, All of Nothing, None of Something

To this time in life, I’ll live these lies, Broken locks and key, Leading to broken rings, Lie the life once lived, I’ve given all I can give, No one knew except me, Nor will anyone soon see

Until the day I die, Will I always deny, Carrying around with me the guilt, The stress of friendships once built, Burying secrets inside my cave, Is it my life to save, Or is it simply my time, The Day I Die

No one knew except for me, Mirrored rooms I sleep waiting, Staring at myself, Maybe into myself, Will I tell myself a lie, What I need to do I’ll try, Crying into the night, I wish you weren’t filled of fright

Call me detached and afraid, Who I’ve become I’ll stay, Just don’t be afraid yourself, Do I have anyone else, There’s the Door, Forget the past and before, Time’s ticked to our present, Something not to resent

All these feelings built high, Shortening my life, Everything could just fall apart, Telling could be the Start, But I can’t, Could I learn to chant, Reel off all my secrets past, Ones I chose to hide and last

Could I step out of the night, Look you in the eyes, Inside may lie a stranger in me, Someone you’ve never seen, Could I open wide, Trust and Confide, Would you Realize, These secrets have become my Life

No one knew except for me, I’ll live this life to set me free, And by the end I just might pray, I never lived up to this day, All the lies and all the faults, All the cries and the assaults, Unto this day I’ve held my lips, Secrets live while I exist