number one | Teen Ink

number one

February 22, 2010
By Anonymous

She's finally gone. she said she would leave a long time ago, and i'm wondering why it took her this long to finally do it.
she was instantly replaced, instantly forgotten; and i'm happy.
that's all that matters.
she was replaced by the person i had been longing to be for weeks and weeks and when those weeks turned into months and months i had decided i couldn't take it anymore and i decided to force her out because she was driving me crazy. i decided that if i never changed nothing was going to change and everything would stay the same and staying the same means no change. i expected it a long time ago, change i mean, but it never came. it never came knocking on my door or sneaking through my windows, it completely avoided the thought of ever coming near me. but now, oh now i feel it, i mean i really really feel it. more than i've ever felt before. it feels as if the person i have been looking for has taken me over, and i feel completely satisfied with myself. i'm happy and my music is blasting and it's massaging my mind and i'm on a cloud. i feel like screaming to the world that i'm okay now and i don't care anymore, it's all good now. "i'm alright now, she's gone," i'll say and no one will understand me, which is how it was always meant to be-i was stupid for thinking otherwise. i'll fly through the sky and i'll watch the ground soar below me and i'll be free from who i used to be. it'll be great, i'm telling you. it'll be great.

The author's comments:
this is basically just something i wrote because right now i feel absolutely wonderful because i'm actually changing which is something i've wanted to do for a long time now. so yeah. (: