Its About The Team | Teen Ink

Its About The Team

By ahslax29 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
ahslax29 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Players are starting to get their wrists and ankles tapped. Any ordinary person could walk into the locker room and feel the intensity. Players were starting to dress and locking up their lockers. Coach G gets into the commons and announces, “Specials and D-backs, 20 minutes!” When you hear that you know it’s time. 54
Arrowhead starts to walk to the field as yelling fans surround the players and hit them on the shoulder pads. The energy in the air makes your heart feel likes it’s going bust out of your chest. With music blasting, the team walks to the 50 yard line before breaking out to meet coach in the corner of the field. Coach says, “One down, one play, one team, one victory.” The key point in this speech is “1 team.”

The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the one on the back. Although there are people who think opposite of this, it takes a whole team to win a state title; one player cannot carry a team. It takes hard work from everyone, whether you’re a starter, a back-up or a demonstration player; its takes everyone on the team to bring home a state title.

The opening kick-off has arrived. Fans are cheering and yelling. The players are excited beyond the point of explanation, and it’s all for the name on the front of their jerseys. On the back of my jersey it says “WOLF.” But to me, and everyone else, I’m another player apart of the name on the front.