What Is Happiness?

What is happiness?
It's a breath of fresh, clean air after you've breathed in harsh chemicals.
It's a wave of refreshing, sparkling ocean over your feet when they are caked in scratchy, scorching sand.
It is every color of the rainbow; hues of blues like the blueberry fruit, dashes of yellow and green. It is reds and pinks and golds alike, it is the backdrop of the setting sun at dusk.

What more is happiness?
Happiness is that feeling you get when everything in the world is aligned.
Happiness is that special glow in your smile or your eyes when your heart has been set alight.
Happiness is that perfect line in your poem, when you didn’t even have to look at the keyboard.
Happiness is also renewal, escape from the dark- a light place when you've resided in the depths of anguish for so long. A new beginning.

What else is happiness?
It’s the warm, sugary embrace like melting sugar cookies in your mouth.
It’s the drop of a kiss on your cheek when gravity isn’t the only thing pulling you down.
It’s the way your hand fits perfectly in that special someone else’s, like they were custom-tailored for each other.

Most important?
The greatest of all?
The best description I have of happiness is something quite exquisite.
Yes, this it may be, but really it’s nothing new
The most important and greatest of all, happiness is being with you.

halo<3XOXO This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OMG! This poem was truly amazing! I couldn't have described it better myself. Check out my poem Fallin'. I think you might like it(even though it isn't as good as your's).