Room 214, Oncology This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The hypnotic tapping of the rain on the window lulls the girl to sleep

She fights to stay awake

Her eyelids droop like the grungy, old curtains that hang in the window

From her chair, the girl sees a lone bird in its nest, shivering in the

wind

The door swings open, accompanied by a loud creak

The young woman in white, aged by grief, quietly shuffles in

She shakes her head in pity and touches the girl's shoulder

The young girl looks into the woman's face, knowing what to expect

The woman speaks, but the young girl does not bother to listen

Clutching her beloved locket, the one given to her by her mother, she

mourns

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Inspiring in a messed up way. First off, the one thing that stuck out to me was the separation of the word "wind" from the rest of its sentence. That, right there, got me. I saw that and reread the sentence over and over, and chills just ran up and down my spine. Very cool. Your wording at the beginning is really quite nice.. very descriptive and I could relate to the drooping eyelids.. (: I know this got into the magazine and all [congrats btw (: ], but I think that the last line, beg... (more »)

dancewritedream13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

sad and lovely! very nice!