Hopeless, Endless, Dreams.

Rectangular things lie in the face of cornered children.
At every angle they produce a point.
A tear.
Fear.
Triangular things clipity clop down roads that often trip people not that often.
They stab the knee with every joint.
But, merely.
Really.
Lines with two points on the end make no shape unless you have more than one or force it to bend and then cause it pain, so it might snap.
It would then plan it's revenge and get right down to business.
To the point.
Circular things will go on forever, blend you into an endless vortex of nothing.
Unless in the story it leaves a gap.
Then the story is actually less.
Hopeless, Endless
Dreams.

ultrabookworm said...
It's a little hard to figure out exactly what the poem's about, like carolines mentioned, but it's like life is an endless network of useless things we use to fill up the time we might as well not have, and that life is constantly working against us. Still not totally sure if that's right, but I love this poem because I want to think about its (rather cryptic) meaning. Keep writing!!

kasey P. said...
this poem really made me think! great work!

carolines This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:47 am
I think I understand this poem, but there's so much in it, that it is sort of hard...
One thing is for sure, though. I think you have chosen a fantastic title for this poem!
the overall look of the poem is sort of dark, but I think that it is mainly about being on this earth and living, but nothing is working with you. like each of us are on our own and everything is trying to destroy us ultimately. as if there is something evil and it is focused solely on making us suffer, slow... (more »)

kayleefaith said...
Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:25 am
wow. this is really good. great imagination!