Breaking Blue Night | Teen Ink

Breaking Blue Night

Love,
A thousand years bares,
From cone to cup with care,
The sun,
5 o’clock of morn through yonder evergreen do crevice,
Breaking Blue Night upon the carapace and tender skin off my back,
For none at all is a payment,
For mistakes past made,
In a golden gloomy glade.

Our brown-eyed lovely lady,
In naked tender beauty,
Within her breast envelopes,
The air itself in misty haze,
Twirling twirling upwards,
The sun does shine its gentle breeze,
Shown upon her golden face,
In gait more earth than human.

I tell her:“Love, the hour doth mark the morn, much earlier than I expected you t’windle awake.”,
In a booming voice she concedes:
All of the universe’s light in one breeze,
And upon mountains we roam again,
As the stars dwindle to fiery night’s sleep,
Leaving us to our deepest, darkest and loneliest thoughts.

This piece of work was written during a very tumultous period in my life, and i think that this writing is an implicit representation of the confusion i felt. In the writing i seek to portray a relationship between myself and an overwhelming power that rules me and that manifests itself in many different forms. my intention was to leave the reader wondering what i meant literally in the poem and what i meant non-literally; it is up to them to decide for themselves. I am still developing, and have recently started writing seriously, so i would deeply appreciate anyone's feedback. Thanks!

Lonleydandy said...
Overall I like it, but am as confused as you were by it. I hate to say it, but I don't really know what you are talking about with it.....it is personally all over the place [which may not be a bad thing because I know how you were feeling with all the confusion]. Because of the inspiration for this piece, I would say that the confusion made sense to me. Overall I think it is a pretty good poem.