Lost, Confused, Alone

I feel like I’m adrift in the sea.
And the people around are only company.
They all just come and go.
The sad part, we don’t even know.
God has a place and he has a time.
But it kills me to write this rhyme.
My head is going crazy.
My heart can’t just be lazy.
My thoughts are everywhere.
I’m steady pulling at my hair.
I look for answers that are not here.
Cause It’s God Almighty that I fear.
He has all power.
LIFE he can devour.
But am I prepared?
To go through what made me scared?
The loved ones I lost.
How much will it cost?
God don’t take me now!
To ask? I don’t even know how!
I am adrift at this sea.
And there’s no one left but me.

kiwi12 said...
this is beautiful, and i pray for your loss. it definitely evokes emotion.

Zero_Kiryu This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 10, 2009 at 1:26 am
I can feel the emotion in this piece. Your grandparents and your friend are smiling down on you from heaven. You're never alone, because even when you can't see them, they'll always be there in your heart.
ZERO

dreamer_believer said...
a true poem written for a very real and powerful reason. very well done though. i can feel the emotion and i love it! it flowed well and the content was very deep :) wonderful job! also check out some of my work and comment :)

SaraB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2009 at 12:08 am
wow, that was truly amazing, and on top of that, you did it with a rhyme scheme. All I can say is just know that whenever God takes you, it will be the right time. And that's a good thing, you won't ever have to deal with anything bad ever again after that. Just know you will see these people again and they are happy right now. God bless.

distant_dreamer said...
I don't know how to explain the feelings that I have right now...This is so Amazing, Extravagant, and Awsome!!! Great Job! 5 stars for you, I would give a 10 star rating, but it only has 5 stars! Lol <3

Evan Y. said...
Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:37 am
Great poem overall, I can't relate to your situation but, I can tell you put a lot of effort (and emotion) into it. Rhyming was great, only thing you really need to change is the beat and rhythm of the poem, not just verses. When I say that, I mean poem has got to flow together, not to say yours didn't, just saying it could've flowed better =).

xXFadedFlowerXx said...
I love this poem. It is true and I can definitely relate to it. Beautiful work, keep writing.