The Correct Way Of Mopping | Teen Ink

The Correct Way Of Mopping

By mei_ea BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
mei_ea BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Mopping, what's so special about it? Although this skill may seem easy to most people, Bakar has mastered this mopping skill after doing this for a whopping 730 days. He works at a bar where mopping the floor is essential, so he knows his way around mopping. He says, “You know I did a mighty fine job when I see my manly reflection in the floor post mop.” 

According to Bakar, these are the steps to mop: 1. Grab a hose (if you do not have a hose use water from the sink)  2. Gab a mopping bucket 3. Put the hose in the bucket 4. Turn the hose on and Barker suggests filling the bucket halfway full with warm water 5. Turn off the hose and take it out of the bucket 6. Put soap specifically for cleaning floors in the water (he uses dawn sultry floor scrubbing soap) 7. Grab a mop Barker prefers using a mop with a big brush so it covers more surface 8. Put the mop in the bucket 9. Stir the soap into the water with the mop 10. Ring out the mop 11. Put the mop on the floor 12. With great force move the mop in circular motions on the floor multiple times until squeaky clean 13. “Repeat until you can eat off the floor” 14. Dump the water down the drain if you have one on the floor that is preferred if not dump the water down the sink drain 15. Rinse the mop water out of the bucket with clean water from the sink or hose 16. Put the mop away as well as the bucket 17. Be proud of yourself and the hard work you have done. 

If things do not go as planned such as spilling the water on the ground no worries it's an easy cleanup. You can take a bunch of paper towels and sop up the water if you pour too much soap or too much water then just buy some more of the other. 

The purpose of mopping is to kill germs on the floor and be clean as well as make sure the floor is clean and not sticky or messy at all.

James Bakar is my classmate and he has a passion for mopping which is why I put this piece together.