Abandon Me | Teen Ink

Abandon Me

By Chandni Nigam BRONZE, Naperville, Illinois
Chandni Nigam BRONZE, Naperville, Illinois
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Abandon me on an empty road. Leave me alone to endure the pain. The gash that you have engraved in me will never vanish, for it is now on my heart. The giving of all I have, results in criticism and anger. The accusation of blackmail just buries a deeper whole within my chest. My lungs are full of air that is just waiting to come out; they are shunned by my conscious. The feeling of despair is one that I ignore. The benevolence is what I demonstrate. Lost on a dark, empty road; I long to have some one to walk with. Again I am reminded that asking for such a favor is only placing my self in another hole. Walking along the road I loose my self in thoughts. I realize there are roads to be taken, choices to be made, and dreams to be turned into reality. I hide behind the trees and listen to the bees. Abandon me on an empty road. Leave me alone to reflect upon the wind. The gash you have engraved will never vanish, but it is certain that it will only get deeper. Let me hibernate for a while. The gusty wind surly will knock on my door soon, only because it is beneficial.

Isabelola said...
on Jul. 8 2009 at 6:25 pm
Great poem! It was phenomenal and beautifully pieced out, great job- love it! Very saddening, but enlightnening too. Truly shows the strenght of an individual.