Home is where the heart is | Teen Ink

Home is where the heart is

June 10, 2009
By Kelly SILVER, London, Other
Kelly SILVER, London, Other
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Here i am sitting on my chair.
looking up at the ceiling as i stair,
wondering who to trust and to chose whom i should share.
Im young in my teen years, yes, i know your probably thinking..
teenagers don't know what they're talking about.
But don't doubt.
Because when i say something i mean it, theres not exaggeration here. i don't play about.
Sometimes i stare into thin air
thinking where to go and what to wear.
Confusion of wether i'm meant to be here or somewhere else.
Tension increasing in my head, feeling flushed as my cheeks turn red.
Actually i don't even know what i'm writing about anymore but what i do know is right now i just want to shout. Shout so loud so people can hear me out.
It's like your hearing but not listening.

Do i have to give you examples of how i feel?
Listen.. I feel like i'm on a roller coaster, fast and you never knowing when the damn ride is going to end, but all you know is you want it to finish quick, as soon as it can, before your sick.
And you wish that when you were about to enter you just ran.
I feel as though my life is like a box of chocolates because you don't know what your going to get. Could be a butter cream or that whirl dream.

I just dream, dream big. Curious to know if anything i imagine as i sleep will ever come true. I mean it might for me or for you.
But I only just realised if you want something and it's worth the fight, go get it. Fulfil your soul, fulfil your heart.
If you feel lost and can't find home, do what i say.
That way you and your home will never part.
- Home is where the heart it.

The author's comments:
Well.. with this poem i wasn't sure wether to keep the name ''home is where the heart is'', or to call it ''What goes on inside a teens head''. I hope you like it.