ready!

she sits there in a quiet daze, looking at the things that surround her.
why is she here, she sits and asks herself.
looking back into her past she sees all of those dark mistakes, creeping upon her, like a misty fog over the lake.
wondering, watching and waiting she doesn't know what will happen next.
she just sits there pondering all kinds of events,
she takes a breath because i think she's done living in her past, she's so ready to move on and leave all of those things behind her.
she's scared to leave her past behind because of the people in it.
she's got to let them go before she can start to better herself.
she's letting everything she ever knew go, she is putting it all behind her, so one day she'll be able to look up, smile, and be ready to face tommorow.

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very good! I can truly, honestly say, that I could definitely relate to your piece. It's very emotional and I could tell it was written from the heart. Good job!!!!

@m@z!ng=) said...
thanks guys.
i'm glad you can relate too it.
life is an everyday struggle,you just have to live with it whether you want to or not.

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is something i hope to be able to do someday. I just had a thought, what if the time i choose to do this i can get my bff to do it with me? He could use it as much as me- but once again, letting the people go.. I'm not sure if i'll ever be strong enough to do that :) Love it! -really like "Misty fog over the lake" Nice vision.

lbrentano said...
I am with you here!