The Strongest Thing

The strongest force isn't gravity,
Not electricity,
And it's not magnetism,
There's no complicated mechanism.
It's unstoppable,
It's improbable,
It's love,
Sent from above.
Feels like you're hit with a speeding dart,
Right in the center of your heart,
It infects you,
Nothing you can do,
It's growth is continuous,
Even when it's enormous.
Sometimes Cupid takes it back out,
Sometimes you can wiggle it out,
Most of the time it stays,
Forever and always,
A part of you now,
You need it somehow.
No one knows why,
Though we try,
It doesn't make any sense,
Can't buy it with dollars or cents,
Disregarding crisis and disease,
Love continues on with ease,
Knocking people down,
Erasing everyone's frown.

swimstar28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
"Sometimes Cupid takes it back out,
Sometimes you can wiggle it out," These are my favorite! Sometimes we have to get out of it, but it isn't easy. And sometimes we don't get to choose whether the arrow comes out or not.

arrowed_rain said...
Your poem really fits together well. Each line seems to flow with the one below it. Or above it. Whichever way works best. I really liked the way you described 'the strongest thing' and don't we all know it's true? I give it five stars. *thumbs up*

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
My fave! I absolutely love it! I'm adding it as one of my favorites !!

ScreamingOutLoud said...
well first of all
i wanna say thanks for commententing on my poems =] i appriciate it. and this poem is wonderful. i think you've really captured the essence of love. keep working i cant wait to see how you grow as a writer!

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 23, 2009 at 4:10 am
i like this poem a lot, but it cant go on my list of favorites because i dont think that what it says is true to me. i still love how you are able to twist the words in your fovor, and im sure that i would love it, but i dont get a feeling from this poem. by the way, im reading all of your poems and studying them. i hope that your work gets published sometime, im sure that most of the teens would love your poetry.

hxcRocker said...
May 19, 2009 at 8:38 am
wow. I can totally relate to this. it definitely conveys the complexity and wonder of love

hxcRocker said...
May 19, 2009 at 8:38 am

RheaD.Ravenfinger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem. Some of the situations I totally understand because I've had lots of weird things zooming around me. I do like this poem.