Battle Scars | Teen Ink

Battle Scars

By Vicki Harlow BRONZE, Waterloo, Nebraska
Vicki Harlow BRONZE, Waterloo, Nebraska

She walks into the room but it's to dark for me to see he assists her to her bed "Thats where you will be sleeping"/ She sounds beautiful but in the morning thats not what I see are those your battle scars are those your battle scars/ She turns over and I act like I'm asleep She climbs to her feet from her bed I wake up to meet a mystery standing up by the bed next to me/ This girl maybe 17 has got so many damn scars it's killing me to look that's when I took it all in/ She's so beautiful their all so beautiful, beautiful but they all have battle scars yea f**king battle scars are those your battle scars I said are those your battle scars/ There's one girl she's not alone at all but she feels so lonely she just wants to go home she doesn't even know/ We all try and we all fall down pick eachother up cause' thats who we are and what we must do/ I listen and I try to understand where their coming from so insecure so disturbed and I know but im not gunna let it go/ They talk about why their here well, they've all got battle scars many many battle scars are those your battle scars/ Wounds heal but feelings never go away you can try to cover them up but good luck you'll see them soon enough/ We try to be open well you see thats hard for me cause' I've seen people come and go so thats comes to show its safer to stay closed/ People stand outside your door just act like you dont notice take a break from it all and just let yourself fall/ Well their all so beautiful their all hurt inside yea you know that they all have battle scars can you tell me are those your battle scars...

This is sort of like a song but i think of it as poetry Im not open to what its about but im pretty sure it's easy to figure out