Why Southern Colleges Should Expand Their Football Stadiums | Teen Ink

Why Southern Colleges Should Expand Their Football Stadiums

By BrysonBowen BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia
BrysonBowen BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia

- Draft on why southern football stadiums should expand on their stadiums

There hasn't been truly a major football stadium in the south than i would like there to be. I think that their should be, bigger football stadiums in the south than other colleges, in the north, east, or west. Other than big stadiums in the south, i think the only colleges that should expand their stadiums are big colleges, with a major attendance rate, like Oregon, UCLA, Michigan State, University of Colorado, and etc. My reasoning for that theory is that the people down south like football more than any other sport, and there are more people going to the games. The fans down south are more favored to football, and football is a more commonly watched sport than others in the south. The people are very high spirited about football. I think football is favored down south more than any place in the world, and it is favored more than any other sport played by colleges because the talent played by D1 athletes down south is more amazing to watch in the SEC than any other divisions, like the Pac 12, Big 10, ACC, AAC, A-10. There is a list below to show the colleges in the most talented division in football. I believe that there are more people drafted into the NFL from the SEC division than any other division in college football. According to the Bleacher Report by Jon Star, a senior writer,  research shows that 4 out of the top 10 universities down south hold the most fans in a football stadium, that any other university since 2011. I believe that this is one of the reasons that the stadiums should be expanded is.The talent is better down south in the SEC division, and the best of the best athletes compete against each other. The CFB 24/7: Path to the draft, shows that the SEC division has the best talent and proves that there are more people drafted into the NFL from the SEC division the any other division in college football for nine years straight with 54 players drafted into the NFL. The ACC was in second with most people drafted to the NFL from their division with 47 draftees.

I believe people might argue on why the southern colleges should not expand on their stadiums. People might argue a lot about this commentary and why southern college football stadiums shouldn't expand on their capacity. The main point people might argue is that they care more about other sports, other than just football, and football is not as favored up north or in the west or east, like how southern people love and favor football. I believe one reason more people like watching college football is a lot to do with weather and how it is consistently sunny and cool down south, unlike colleges in the north or east, where football is really cold to watch and is not as enjoyable as to watch football in great weather. I feel that colleges who don’t have a lot of attendance to their games is a big reason and the weather where football is played is a major reason on why southern football stadiums and other big attendance schools should expand their football stadiums. I believe that it is not as enjoyable to watch football at colleges like Wisconsin, Colorado, or Syracuse and etc, or just some place to cold or to hot. That is why I believe southern football stadiums should expand on their capacity to have a higher attendance rate.

UNIVERSITY IN THE SEC

Texas A&M
Kentucky                         LSU
Florida
Arkansas                        Mississippi
Alabama
Tennessee                     South Carolina
Missouri
Auburn                           Vanderbilt
Georgia
Ole Miss

My name is Bryson B., I love football and my favorite college team is LSU.