Baseball | Teen Ink

Baseball

December 11, 2015
By onlyy BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
onlyy BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was the top of the ninth inning tied at 2-2 it was the most intense part of the game. The pitcher was their ace (best pitcher) there was 2 outs 1 to go. “And now folks we mite be going into extras tonight” (Extra innings there is only 9 innings in a baseball game). “And the pitch a….”.


The day started off normal for Christian gets up at 5:00 am EST  (Eastern Time Zone) Goes to brush his teeth, take a shower, prep himself for the day. Then goes down stairs to eat breakfast. Christian would usually eat some waffles or an egg biscuit. Then he would grab all his baseball stuff for the day Baseball pants, Belt, Jersey, Hat, Oakley’s(SunGlasses), Cleats, Baseball Bat (Rawlings 150 Velo), 3 Gloves, Outfielders Glove, Infielders Glove, Pitching Glove. Then he leaves in his 2004 Ford F150 Truck To Colorado Rockies spring training fields in Salt River Fields at Talking Stick.


But today was a different day for Christian. They were playing for a top spot up in the major leagues today. Christian thought that having a coin in his back pocket that his grandfather gave him would bring him some good luck today. So he put that coin in his back pocket and carried on down to the ball fields. As Christian is warming up the coach asks him would you like to hit in the lead off spot(1st hitter in the lineup). Christian of course said “YES” i would love to!!! So that lucky coin has worked for him so far today. So it was the top of the First 0-0 game Christian's Team is the away team so the get to hit first. So Christian gets up to the plate and stanks into the batter's box and then the umpire calls “PLAY BALL!!!” Then the pitcher goes into his windup and throws the first pitch of the game “Strike One” said the umpire. Christian is thinking to himself OK OK i seen one now. The next pitch Christian just crushes the ball into the left center field gap and gets a double. “LET’S GO!!!!” said christian to his team mates in the dugouts. They are all flipping out. The next batter is up now. The pitch to him is a fastball right down the middle and he smokes it to the Right fielder Base hit. Christian moves up a base to third. And now it is first and third no outs. “Tag on a fly ball freeze on a line drive” said coach Billy “Got it coach” said Christian. Third batter lines out the the short shop. The Fours batter comes up and hit a Fly ball to the center fielder and Christian can tag and does and scores 1-0. The runner moves up to second base. The fifth batter comes up and hits a ball to the deepest part of the park and gets a triple 2-0. The sixth batter comes up and hits a ground ball to the second basemen 3 outs. It stays that way until the 8th inning they scored 2 now it is tied at 2-2 looks like it would go into extra innings. Now it is the top of the 9th 2 outs Christian is up first pitch is a strike. Second pitch Christian hits a Dinger Everyone was flipping out. The other team gets out of the inning but they r down by 1 the score is 3-2. Now it is the bottom of the 9th 3-2 2 outs in the inning 2 balls 2 strikes is the count. “And the pitch SWING AND A MISS” said the commentator. Christians team won the game. This was the best game in the history of Christians baseball life.