Should NFL Player be Fined Because of Shoes | Teen Ink

Should NFL Player be Fined Because of Shoes

By Keegan KubickiKE BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Keegan KubickiKE BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Have you ever had trouble with the dress code? People can get fined for different reasons in the NFL. One way to get fined is by breaking the Uniform Violation rule. Brandon Marshall got fined because he was trying to support Mental Health Awareness Week. With the exception of trying to support Mental Awareness, Brandon Marshall should not be fined.

Marshall was helping Mental Health Awareness because he was also diagnosed. Marshall was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder in 2011. Since he was also diagnosed, this would be special for him.

Marshall should not be fined because he was trying to raise attention for Mental Health. The NFL uniform rule is that a player’s shoes have to match their uniform colors. He knew that he was going to be fined, but he still wore the green shoes. He wanted to use a televised game to raise attention for Mental Health and a perfect way to do this is to promote it on a Thursday Night football game when its on primetime tv.

Brandon should not be fined because he will match the fine and donate it to charity.All Brandon Marshall wanted to do was raise awareness to support Mental Health. He had said that he will match any amount of money that he will be fined. This means that when he gets fined $10,500, he will pay $10,500 to charity. He also said that he plans to auction the shoes he wore and donate the money to charity. There is no reason why the NFL should fine him because whatever they fine, he gives to charity.

Brandon Marshall should not be fined because of green shoes; however, he did break the uniform rule. He shouldn't be fined because he was helping a disease that actually matters. He was not trying to look cool in his shoes, he just wanted to help kids with Mental health.