Motivation | Teen Ink

Motivation

May 21, 2013
By srose9 BRONZE, Arlington Heights, Illinois
srose9 BRONZE, Arlington Heights, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I can do this! Motivation tastes like the sweet zest of salty sweat dripping down my face after an 800-meter interval workout. My level of motivation is as fast as a Ferrari on the spacious Italian roads. Picture a wrinkly, old couple travelling the middle of Nebraska in their rusty brown 1963 Station Wagon, and my motivation is far from that. My motivation derives from sitting quietly, blocking out the world, eyes shut, and taking in the music to Kevin Rudolf’s “Welcome to the World.” The determined US Men’s hockey team beating the reluctant Russian’s in the 1980 Olympics is the poster-boy of motivation. Picture my motivation as lemon-lime Gatorade sweat dripping down your face, just like in the Michael Jordan Gatorade commercials. Motivation will never be rolling out of your plush, warm bed in pale, very worn, fuzzy footie pajamas at one pm on a Saturday. Motivation is creating the Burj Khalifa building in Dubai and standing at the top gazing over the expansive land from the beautiful creation you overcame. Motivation consists of waking up at 5 am, scrambling up a veggie omelet with whole grain toast and fruit and going for an hour run after. I so got this! Nothing can get it my way or even try to stop me now. Feel my motivation and you will experience a bright sunny day in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado without a cloud in the sky. Hear my motivation and you will be surrounded by cheering family, friends, and fans clapping, whistling and chanting my name. Envision my motivation as a bright red rose blooming in the spring that has beauty and strength with its petals and thorns. My motivation is as fast as Danica Patrick racing in the Daytona 500. My motivation never tastes like a lonely Friday night eating right out of a tub of triple chocolate fudge ice cream. See the green of my motivation, as bright as the new leaves on a tree at springtime and fresh grass after rain. Motivation is reliving the Chicago Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup in 2010. Now let’s go do this!