The Rush of Cooking | Teen Ink

The Rush of Cooking

By bendaboss BRONZE, Vineland, New Jersey
bendaboss BRONZE, Vineland, New Jersey

Thanksgiving morning my favorite day of the year (besides Christmas) we wake up with our game face on. We have food to make! We have the turkey that needs to be cooked and prepared. The stuffing to be made. Cranberry sauce, lids cut off.! (We don’t make our own.) Potatoes smashed, green beans need to be cooked, and sweet potatoes need the marshmallows! And don’t forget that pies and cakes and cookies need to be baked. the smells that come from the kitchen on Thanksgiving morning are to die for. There is an adrenaline rush standing in the kitchen wondering if all that great food will be done before everyone get hungry. I love cooking because you always have a reword if it comes out alright you can help, others and you can always experiment to make thing taste better
When ever someone makes food guess what you get to eat it and fill your belly up if its safe to eat not everyone is able to cook no offense people that cant cook anyways you can always make healthy stuff so your belly will be full but not the wrong way you can cook all kinds of stuff all the way from appetizers to deserts one good appetizer is pigs in a blanket witch is hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls we love these on new years eve there is no end to pies that you could make all the way from fruits to whipped cream
Also if someone is feeling low and sick you can cheer them up with a pot of soup or something easy for them to heat up it’s a big help if you don’t have to think about dinner when something happened my church provides food for new moms for several weeks after they have had a baby. My church also provides a meal after a funeral service. One of the churches members adopted 2 girls from china and have needed too be in and out of the hospital we have provided meals for them. All of this is just making a quick easy meal and it can make anyone happy
Experimenting not a science experiment but for foods. Just a little bit of this and a little bit of that and you can turn almost anything good. one mans trash is another mans treasure. Say you have a pot of normal rice and you put adobo in it you have a totally different kind of rice and it tastes delicious left over chicken stick it in BBQ sauce and hey you got BBQ chicken

the reason i wrote this was for school i had to do a report and i said i like cooking so that's what i did it on