Hunting

Hockey, baseball, softball, gymnastics, track & field, golf, football, cross country: these are all sports. There are of course, sports I am yet to discover, and other sports I did not list. One sport I did not list is hunting, and that is due to the fact that hunting is cruel.

People staking out with guns shooting innocent, vulnerable animals, that’s the basics of hunting. When you say it that way doesn’t it sound horrific? That’s because it is. Several hunters argue that they are “balancing out” the “over-population” of deer, but they’re just improvising, so they sound professional. Deer can fend for themselves, and they have been for countless years before humans came along and violently murdered them. The circle of life balances out without us being monstrous.

Is hunting really a sport? Well, technically, they do need aim, but their medals are deer heads, and I think the deer would’ve wanted more respect than that. I mean, would you want people pointing at you and chuckling, “That’s the deer? He really is big!”? My point is all it takes is an aim of a gun to hunt.

Most hunters don’t even consume their prey. They do it to look macho, and in my opinion, it’s really just malicious. They’re wasting food, and fatally injuring animals all at once! I’m not implying all hunters do that because some probably do eat it, but unless they are in danger of starving to death, I highly doubt they need that animal.

Hunting is unnecessary. Just because we are capable of shooting helpless animals doesn’t mean it’s mandatory. I don’t expect everyone in the world to become vegetarians, but I believe we should only kill another being when necessary.

Nick5 said...
Have you ever heard of death? It's a requirement  for life. God put animals on the earth for food. We have been eating deer for thousands of years! It would'nt be a crime id we continued.

Oranges_24 said...
Where to start...Where to start...okay so guess what I'm a hunter...I've gotten two deer and countless rabbits...hunting is hard...i'd rather play NFL than hunt sometimes you wake up at 4:00 and hike your lungs out and sometimes you don't even see any big game! When i kill a deer i gut it i tear open it's body and take what can be eaten (even the liver and heart) the rest goes out for the coyotes ya know...and the population of deer is fine! animals die...they are hunted by other animals ri... (more »)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This is so true. I am a vegetarian who believes that people can eat meat when necessary. But hunting, is completely unnecessary when so many animals are killed already.

Hunting shouldn't be used to keep down population because we are the reason that populations are so high. Humans kill off the predators, and the prey overpopulate. Some people may consider hunting a sport, but it's a very sad one.

ELM522 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks, and I'm a vegetarian, too.