Time and Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

One day you wake up, get ready and go to school. Before you know it, the day passes. Then a week, a month, a year, a decade, and soon, your lifetime. But what did you do with all that time? Or, more importantly, what didn’t you do with all that time? Every life must be used wisely and not thrown away.
One day my teacher said, “Life is a game of chess, and the other player is Time.” From that moment, I knew I had to enjoy my life. Do not waste time, because you know what? Time will not come back. Time will not reverse. You cannot buy it. It is one of those things in life that you must really, really cherish. Time will not give you second chances. You must create those second chances. You must open those doors and find those opportunities.
You change the world every day when you use time, so never say an experience wasn’t worth it. It all matters. Either you helped someone with their homework or you just jumped someone into your gang. You’ve changed the world by changing a person’s life.
When you see an opportunity, take it. You might not get it back. Never let an opportunity pass. And if it is too hard, remember that in the middle of every difficulty lies an opportunity.
Remember, you don’t get to choose how you’re going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you’re going to live. Now. You only have one life. If you waste it in jail, then you will live very miserably. Study as if you were going to live forever, live as if you were going to die tomorrow. Don’t just think of the present, but also think of your future. Your future is yet another chapter in your life and another way to live it.
Love is great to experience. Love doesn’t make the world go ’round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile. Without love, humans would have no reason to live. Love makes you do crazy, unimaginable things. It drives some people insane. Be careful, for love can be a real traitor. If you do find that special someone, hold onto him/her forever and don’t let go.
Every single living thing has a purpose in life. For some, it is to make the world a better place. For others, it is to destroy it. “The purpose of life is a life of purpose,” as Robert Byme so aptly put it. Every single person was put in this world for a purpose. Many people call this destiny. Without destiny, there would be no life.
Learn to use time wisely, take opportunities, and enjoy life. We can discover the meaning of life in three different ways: (1) by doing a deed; (2) by experiencing a value; and (3) by suffering. Lives, like money, are spent. So, what are you buying with yours?

Kyra11 said...
Jun. 18 at 2:22 am:
That  was a really insigtful article eddy!! Keep up the good work!!! :D and hey well evn I am into writing  poems upon spirituality, life and death... Check them out if you feel like it. Iam putting in the link-  visionzz-ayesha.blogspot.in/  

rheameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:16 am:
wow!!! great point of view towards life and i totally agree with you!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
I love your words: "love is what makes the ride worthwhile." Very concise piece.

tastemybacon said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 8:19 am:
Time is a subject that i think about alot, i wonder if what i'm doing has any kind of purpose behind it, or if we're all just blowin' in the wind, wainting for our time to come, But as long as we're here we might as well makes the best of it, completely agree with you Eddy.

JesusLuver22 said...
Wow!  Eddy,that was really amazing,you have a great outlook on what Life: Life is short so live it to the fullest.

mattisonteeter said...
You are very articulate with your thoughts and words. you have a great talent

sailerc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a wonderful, beautiful article, and it's what I think about every day, except more clearly spoken. Takes my breath away...

XPlacidDreamerX said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 11:07 pm:
very well put. your veiws on life make me believe you have a smart head on your shoulders. you'll make it far. :)

Shweta said...
Sept. 23, 2010 at 5:08 am:

Yeah, I totally agree wid u.

The last two lines were de best and made me think too.

thebushhippie said...
Great job.....I agree completely! Love the very last two sentences of this article. They really made me think. Fantastic!

toxic.monkey said...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 11:25 am:
i pretty much agree... thanks for sharing your view!

EricBlair said...
I have always considered Time the most valuable resource. It is NOT infinite as some like to think of it. The better 'spent' your time, the greater the outcome for everyone.

Lyvie replied...
Dec. 3, 2010 at 10:58 pm :
When you say that time is not infinite, what do you mean?