I Was Really Insulted | Teen Ink

I Was Really Insulted

October 10, 2016
By Anonymous

Just think about it. Joke all you want about the memes and such, but I am extremely insulted. So where do I start? First of all, using the Lord’s name in vain. The third commandment of the ten, “Thou shall not use the Lord’s name in vain.” How much more straightforward can you get? So all this “Do you have time for _________ our Savior and Lord?” Seriously? I don’t care who said it first you DO NOT use that sentence as a joke! Also, when people say they are a Christian then you go and beat up a kid (whether literally or metaphorically) or you use the Lord’s name in vain or even make fun of people (even if it is a “joke” they could take those words to heart) and possibly even deny your faith. Hmm? Are you sure you’re a Christian? I’m so sorry if this all seems rather hypocritical but I am very passionate about this and someone should probably hold me accountable as well. But at any rate, people need to have some respect for others beliefs. I could add much, much more to this but time is just about up. Think about it.


The author's comments:

Watch your words. You may be kidding but people typically do listen and take what you say to heart. Please be careful and learn how to control your tounge.