Oh How He Loves Us | Teen Ink

Oh How He Loves Us

May 18, 2015
By Comm9 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Comm9 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Gospel is the word of God according to the Bible; it describes the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He went through many brutal hardships in his short life just like most of the population today?but his pain was much greater. Jesus died to free us from every  sin we have committed. There’s evil in this world; in fact, evil runs rampant. Sickness, immorality, hatred, and ugliness are all examples of the malevolent evil that’s existing in the world. The Bible promised that there will be complicated times in this life, except God strengthens us through his Son. I’m afraid I haven’t seen, heard, felt, tasted, or smelled my God. Some sciences say my God doesn’t exist. All I have is my faith, but my faith, is good enough for me. Einstein said, “The link between man and God is faith. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.” Jesus is important. Matthew, Mark, and John wrote books to prove his importance.


One of Jesus’ 12 disciples wrote the book of Matthew. He showed that Jesus is the Annointed One promised in the Old Testament. This book tells about Jesus’ astonishing birth, his life, his teachings, death, and resurrection. According to Matthew 14: 13-33, Jesus fed the five thousand and walked on the water. Later, the Apostle’s Creed states that he was crucified, died, and he was buried. When Jesus’ Great Commision occurred in Matthew 28: 16-20 he said, “Go and make disciples of all nations… And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age.” The book of Matthew was written for the Jewish people because he wanted them to believe that Jesus was the Messiah from the Old Testament. To this day, there is still an overflowing amount of people who don’t believe that Jesus was who he was. The miracles he performed took place between 6 B.C. and A.D. 30 in towns of Galilee. Mark also happened around the same time as Matthew.


Another young man named John Mark wrote the stories that Peter told him about Jesus. Mark tells people who Jesus is by telling what Jesus did. He healed a paralyzed man and he calmed a storm; but despite these miracles Jesus was sentenced to death. Mark 15: 29-32 says, “Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads and saying, ‘So! Come down from the cross and save yourself. He saved others,’ they said, ‘but he cannot save himself! Let this Christ come down now from the cross so that we may see and believe.’” Individuals today would have shouted the same line that the ones passing by his cross said?because they refuse to believe in Him. Three days later he rose again. In March of 2015, Greg Wilcox, a pastor, wrote, “We may arrive at Easter assuming Jesus is dead?sealed up in the tomb of history, a beloved figure we hear about in church, but not very relevant for today.”


He continues saying, “The good news of Easter can be upsetting. Jesus is not dead. He is not just an interesting historical figure. He is alive. He is here. He is now. The cross is bare and the tomb is empty. Easter holds wonderful hope and promise: death no longer has the final word. But Easter also holds out a challenge for us. How can we, as followers of Jesus, live each day in the promise of the resurrection?” In the  book of Mark, Jesus shows his power by performing miracles that help people, and he teaches his disciples. Matthew and Mark both got to write stories about Jesus; and John got to take a look first hand at Jesus’ life as well.


John, the disciple of Jesus, wrote the book of John. He wrote this book for everyone who wants to understand who Jesus really is. Showing that Jesus is the Son of God, John reported the miracles and teachings that he witnessed. In John 8: 31-59 Jesus says he is God’s Son. Then in John 9: 1-41 he healed a blind man. At the end of John, Jesus forgives Peter for disowning him. The night before Jesus was crucified Peter said three times that he did not even know Jesus. Peter lied because he was afraid. But later Peter was so sad that he cried. What happened to Peter demonstrates God’s forgiveness and that people can get lost without him. After Jesus was raised from the dead, he went to Peter. John shows that Jesus is the Son of God and helps people believe in him. Like the rest of the Gospel, excluding Luke, John tells yet another advising book about Jesus himself.


Matthew tells about Jesus’ birth, his life as an adult, his teachings, death, and resurrection. Years later, Mark shows who Jesus is by telling stories about what Jesus did. At the same time, John was writing for everyone who wants to understand who Jesus really was. Matthew, Mark, and John wrote books to prove that Jesus is important. My life as a Christian should make others question their disbelief in God. And if people opened their hearts and invited God into every circumstance they might come to find out that whenever God enters the scene, miracles happen. The Gospel is the word of God according to the bible. Read it. Believe in something. Abraham Lincoln once said, “I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the Earth and be an atheist, but I cannot  conceive how a man can look up into the heavens and say there is no God.”