I'm Not Going to Quote the Bible

I’m not going to quote the bible.
I’ve seen people quote the bible when they’re referring to homosexuality. But honestly, the bible’s a pretty big book. Anything you take you’re taking out of context. And once the bible is read, is heard, is spoken, it’s left up to interpretation. But this is what my interpretation of my faith tells me. Despite how complicated people try to make it, I don’t think its rocket science.
Jesus loved us so much he died to save us. He died to save us from every wrong thing we’ve ever done, from every lie we’ve ever told, every person we’ve ever hurt, every crime we’ve ever committed. He died to save us from our sins. Then he told us to love each other.
Loving someone isn’t a sin. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that it is. If you love someone, that’s beautiful. That’s magical. If this was an eighties movie, I’d be under your window right now with a boom box cheering you on. It doesn’t matter what gender they are. It doesn’t matter what they’ve done. It doesn’t matter. Jesus told us to love. There isn’t Ten Commandments, in my opinion, there’s one. That’s to love. Because when you love, you’re showing respect, you’re showing mercy, you’re showing God even if you don’t believe he’s there. That could never be wrong.
My name’s Sadie. I don’t care what your sexuality is, I don’t care what you’ve done in your past, and I don’t care if there are skeletons in your closet. If you love someone, I have respect for you. It doesn’t matter if you’re the same gender. If you want marriage, kids, matching color coded towels (even though that’s kind of corny), I don’t care. Loving isn’t wrong. It never was. Evil came into this world and tried to make it so. They failed.
So please don’t think they’ve won.

Chloe123 said...
Jul. 16 at 7:26 pm:
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I don't want to offend at all, I just want to explain that I have always been a bit anti-religion. Not because I have a problem with people believing in a God or any of that, but because of the things some people say or do while citing their religion as their explanation. And homosexuality is clearly one of those things that people deem 'evil' while citing the Bible as their explanation. So this brief essay you wrote did a small part to restore my fai... (more »)

SadieHPThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 22 at 10:02 am :
Thank you so much! I really apprecate you're comment and I'll be praying for your friend!