A Thesis | Teen Ink

A Thesis

January 31, 2014
By Distant_Freedom DIAMOND, Nowhere, Pennsylvania
Distant_Freedom DIAMOND, Nowhere, Pennsylvania
50 articles 0 photos 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean


You may not understand a single word I am presently writing, you may understand all of it in its entirety. I have never met a single person who has understood everything about me. Everyone I know understands at least one thing about me, but nobody understands or comprehends the whole. Not even myself, though I am constantly rediscovering myself. This is part of my line of thinking, and it will help everyone who reads this to understand so much more of me. Nothing is everything, and everything is nothing. Now don't get confused and think I'm saying the two are mixed together, nothing and everything. They are completely separate entities, and yet they are exactly the same. But this does not mean they are mixed together. What you are reading isn't a bunch of words comprised of letters written with the assistance of a pencil. In fact, you aren't reading anything at all. In all my time spent pondering this train of thought, I have stumbled upon two thoughts which I believe are the greatest I have ever seen. Now before you read them, you must know if you haven't already figured out that this is entirely based on belief. The first is thus: Humanity knows nothing, and therefore it knows everything. There is absolutely nothing to know, and so everything is known. The second is thus: Everything can be countered or disproven as easily as blinking. It is entirely impossible to actually prove anything is really true. You can come up with any reason or excuse in the book, but have you or anyone else been taught any other way, including myself? No matter how you believe you were taught differently, it all boils down to the same line of thinking. Another idea that has occured to me is that life is not precious in the slightest. There are almost eight billion people in the world along with however many other lifeforms out there. What is so precious about something that comes in abundance? Sure you can say "But you change the people you see everyday!" or any form of that, but you can say literally whatever you want and every other person you interact with or don't in the world also changes every other person they come into contact with. Perhaps more thoughts like these will occur to me, and I will keep them in mind. If you stuck with this till the end, I congratulate you. Take from this what you will, whether you choose to believe every bit of it, only parts of it, or completely disregard is. I don't care; I only care about recording these kinds of thoughts for more self-reflection.
I realize this is thinking for someone much older than myself, and I absolutely despise every part of it and yet I love all of it as well.
Another idea that has stricken me is that if somebody is doing something, it's only because they wish to do it. No matter how much they may hate it or say that don't want to do it, if they don't actually like it, why would they be doing it? This may sound naive, since we all have something we do that we don't want to do, but truly there is nothing stopping anyone from just not doing what they do not wish to do. The only reason anyone must do anything is because they force themselves to.


The author's comments:
I didn't know what other category to put this under. It isn't fiction since this is truly what I believe, but it didn't really seem to fit under any of the nonfiction sections, either. This is really just a taste of the major workings of my mind.